切换新版>>

迈腾论坛 >  看足球学英语,一位中国在美国留学生关于足球的回忆

发表于 2010-06-30 06:07    IP属地:北京

查看 1.2W | 回复 6
看足球学英语,一位中国在美国留学生关于足球的回忆
When I was in college as freshman in 1986, once a month we would play soccer between dorms.  It was Smith Hall vs Dibble Hall or some other pairing of halls, there were both guys and girls.  There were no referees, since the games were loosely organized.  I never played soccer except in gym classes in China and US.  On that particular day, we had four girls and six guys.  Nobody wanted to play goalie, someone told me to play goalie.  
"Don't worry about it, Chi, the other dorm suck, they can't play soccer."  John encouraged me.
The other dorm had a guy who could play.  Marcelo showed up 10 minutes after the game started.  I watched hopelessly as Marcelo ran through our entire team from midfield, our players were afraid of him, they couldn't wait to GET OUT of his way.  By the time he reached the penalty box, I had no defenders in front of me.  I had no time to wonder where the defensives back were.  I thought Marcelo would blast a shot at either corner of the goal, but he was efficiently running with the ball directly at me.  
All of a sudden, I told myself, "I'm going to hit him."
I ran straight out of the goal and at Marcelo.  For a split second, I saw surprise and fear in his eyes.  He stopped dead in his tracks, pivoted with his left foot, and used his right foot to maneuver the ball around my left.  The ball moved parallel with the dangerous forward, however, the it did not move fast enough, I dove down as I moved to my left and caught the ball in my arms.
"Wow, you stopped Marcelo from Argentina!"  John was the first to congratulate me.
"Is he from Argentina?"  I asked, not quite believing it.
"Yeah, Mr. Argentina is from Buenos Aires.  You didn't know?  He's the starting striker for our college team."
"You better stay back with me. I can't swear that I'll stop him every time."
"Don't worry, you did great."
This was the only shining moment in my very brief soccer life.  Marcelo would score on us again with me in goal, but he never got close to me.  We lost that game 2:0.  Eventually, Marcelo conceded, "You looked mad and crazy as you rushed out the goal mouth.  I thought you were going to break my ankles.  I still don't know how you stopped me."
"The only way to was to cut down the angle.  I got lucky.  You would've scored for sure if you shot for either corner before you reached the penalty box."
I weighed 60 kgs in college, as one of lightest men on the soccer pitch.  I know from this event, if you have a stronger WILL to win, you could win, even with limited ability and experience.
One of many questions about soccer is this: what motivates people?  If we put aside national pride and honor of the homeland, is money, job security, and women enough to find 25 young men to play for the Chinese national team?  To reach the World Cup finals?  In addition to Korea having two teams (North and South), the nation of Slovenia has a population of slightly over 2 million.  Beijing has more people.  Yet Slovenia was in the World Cup this year.  
Every Chinese person from mainland told me over the past 25+ years that it is impossible for China to win the World Cup.  Instead of corruption at the local/province level, is it possible to tell every player who makes the World Cup team that each will get 10 million yuan as a starting point.  Every goal and every game bring more bonus to them.   If we go to the poor areas of Sichuan and AnHui or wherever to find talented strong kids, can't we fly their parents to Beijing, give them apartments across the street from the National Soccer Training Center?   
Do Brazilians play soccer with their hands?  Do Argentinians play soccer with their elbows?  I use the analogy of the English grammar mistakes.  There are Limited number of ways to have grammartical errors.  There are limited number of ways to play soccer.  It should not be mission impossible.  
If the only thing stopping China was corruption, I am sure we could overcome it.  It takes a little will power.
大家一起出游吧

[每日热点]:【爱车生活】萨巴 萨博 绅宝都是一样的故事...

回复本楼 | 评分 | 举报

发表于 2010-06-30 06:54    IP属地:广东

大清早起来学习....
爱卡迈腾广东车友会:83927364
≮宽天下能宽人★容天下难容事≯

[每日热点]:【爱车生活】80后大叔的车与生活...

回复本楼 | 评分 | 举报

发表于 2010-06-30 08:55    IP属地:浙江

sbsbsbsbsb

[每日热点]:【油耗报告】里程破万 油耗表现如何呢...

回复本楼 | 评分 | 举报

发表于 2010-06-30 09:15    IP属地:浙江

这个貌似是国人写的英语吧。

[每日热点]:【新车】宝马iX3告诉你传统大厂电动车优势...

回复本楼 | 评分 | 举报

发表于 2010-06-30 09:22    IP属地:江苏

A B C D 那个E F G 啊……
想起了小沈阳的英文二人转

[每日热点]:【新车作业】提红旗E-QM5 2个月1万多公里体验...

回复本楼 | 评分 | 举报

发表于 2010-06-30 11:05    IP属地:辽宁

当我在大学在1986年大一,每月一次,我们将发挥宿舍之间的足球。这是史密斯霍尔比迪布尔厅或其他一些展厅的配对,有两个家伙和女孩。有没有裁判,因为奥运会是组织松散。我从来没有踢过足球,除了在体操班,中国和美国。在这个特殊的日子,我们有4个女孩和6名球员。没有人想打守门员,有人告诉我打守门员。
“不要担心,迟浩田,其他宿舍吸,他们不能踢足球。”约翰鼓励我。
其他宿舍有一个人谁能够发挥。马塞洛显示了10分钟后比赛开始。我绝望地看着马塞洛通过我们的整个团队从中场跑,我们的球员都怕他,他们迫不及待地想他的出路。到时候,他所达成的罚款中,我曾在我面前没有维护者。我没有时间想知道那里的防守回来了。我以为会爆炸马塞洛在任何一个角落的目标射击,但他有效地运行,在我的球直接。
突然间,我告诉自己,“我会打他。”
我跑的目标和马塞洛直了。对于一瞬间,我看到他的眼睛感到惊讶和恐惧。他停下死在他的轨道,与他的左脚无所不能,用他的右脚来操纵在我左边的球。球向前移动与平行的危险,但是,它没有移动速度不够快,我鸽子,我搬到了我的左手臂一把抓住我的球。
“哇,你停止从阿根廷马塞洛!”约翰是第一个祝贺我。
“是他从阿根廷?”我问,不太相信它。
“是啊,先生是从阿根廷布宜诺斯艾利斯。你不知道吗?他是为我校队前锋开始。”
“你最好留在我回来。我不能发誓,我会阻止他每一次。”
“别担心,你的表现非常出色。”
这是唯一的光辉在我的生活很简单足球时刻。马塞洛将再次得分,在我们的目标了,但他一直没有接近我。我们失去了那场比赛2:0。最后,马塞洛承认,“你看,你疯了,疯冲出目标的嘴。我还以为你要打破我的脚踝。我还是不知道你如何阻止我。”
“唯一的办法就是降低角度。我真的很幸运。你将已经取得了一定的任何角落,如果你开枪之前达成的罚款框。”
我的体重60公斤,作为高校的足球场最轻的人之一。我知道这个事件,如果你有一个强大的赢,你可以赢,即使只有有限的能力和经验。
关于足球的许多问题之一是:人的动机是什么?如果我们抛开民族自豪感和对祖国的荣誉,是金钱,工作保障,并找到足够的妇女25岁青年男子扮演的中国国家足球队?为了达到世界杯决赛?另外有两支球队(南北)到韩国,斯洛文尼亚民族,人口略多于200万美元。北京有更多的人。然而,斯洛文尼亚在今年的世界杯。
每一个从大陆向在过去的25年以上,这是中国不可能赢得世界杯我的华人。而不是腐败的地方/省一级,是否可以告诉每个球员是谁的世界杯球队,每个都将作为一个起点,1000万元。每一个目标和每场比赛给他们带来更多的奖金。如果我们去四川,安徽,或是其他地方的贫困地区的孩子找到强有力的人才,我们不能飞的父母到北京,给他们的国家足球队训练中心街对面的房子?
不要用自己的双手巴西人玩足球?难道阿根廷人用自己的肘部踢球?我用的是英语语法错误的类比。有多种方法,有语法错误的数量有限。有多种方法,踢足球,但为数不多。它不应该是不可能完成的任务。
如果中国是唯一阻止腐败,我相信我们能够克服它。这需要一点意志力。

[每日热点]:【爱车生活】蔚来ES6在黄土高坡低温续航表现实测...

回复本楼 | 评分 | 举报

发表于 2010-07-01 09:26    IP属地:安徽

原帖由 大海DL 于 10-06-30 11:05 发表
当我在大学在1986年大一,每月一次,我们将发挥宿舍之间的足球。这是史密斯霍尔比迪布尔厅或其他一些展厅的配对,有两个家伙和女孩。有没有裁判,因为奥运会是组织松散。我从来没有踢过足球,除了在体操班,中国 ...
你这翻译……我晕

[每日热点]:【爱车生活】成都途观L车友会年会 圆满落幕...

回复本楼 | 评分 | 举报